Sunday, September 21, 2008

Rundown on Django 1.0 Upgrade Problems (and Solutions)

I've been too swamped with my teaching lately to make much progress on a little app I initially wrote in 0.96.2 and have been trying to port to 1.0.

Besides some bonehead typos that wasted a lot of time, here are the summary of issues I've run across:
  1. Creation of the new admin.py
  2. Modifications of urls.py
  3. Conversion between max_length and maxlength in your modles
I still don't have my admin interfaces working even though I've followed the exact steps, so I'm sure it is something else.

The main problems related to the admin interface, but there are a number of resources I've run across including Porting your apps from Django 0.96 to 1.0 and the complete list of backward incompatible changes and a conversion script to create the new admin interface conversion.

No comments: